RSS Feed

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Raw Day 1


The first day of the raw challenge went pretty well. For those interested in what the hell I ate for the day, here's what I had: a fruit smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch (with fresh lettuce from the garden might I add) and kelp noodles (only 18 calories for the ENTIRE package) with sweet asian almond sauce and fresh kale for dinner.

I felt like I had a lot of energy the whole day, although I had a tiny headache that lingered throughout the day, due to the lack of coffee, methinks. Since I had an extra long day at work, I felt mentally exhausted, but my body was surprisingly energetic. As for the weight, I weighed the same in the evening as I did in the morning, which NEVER happens. By the end of the night, I always end up weighing 4-5 pounds more due to the food and what I drink throughout the day.

Not knowing what to do with all the energy I had, I decided to test out my dehydrator that I received for my birthday a while ago. I made flax crackers and kale chips. 

Raw Flax Crackers Recipe  


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flaxseed
3 cups water
3 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos

Directions
1. Add flax seeds and the water in a large bowl and let sit for an hour too. The mixture then becomes a gelatinous goo (sounds gross, I know), to which you can add some Braggs Amino Soy Sauce. I didn't add any spices because I was feeling simple at the time, but you sure can!

2. Line the dehydrator trays with brown parchment paper, and spread an even layer about 1/8 inch thick across the dehydrator sheet. 

3. Dry for 8-12 hours at 110 Farenheit.

 What do with your raw flaxseed crackers? One way I found them delicious is with a slice of avocado on top, a few fresh lemon juice drops, a pinch of chilli powder, with a thin slice of tomato sprinkled with salt and pepper. 

Have you ever tried raw flaxseed crackers before? What did you think? Share your thoughts below! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment